[gst-devel] Support for other fourcc formats? ffmpegcolorspace not supporting UYVY

Eric Jonas jonas at MIT.EDU
Tue Nov 29 04:53:10 CET 2005

As I understand it ffmpegcolorspace is the only supported way right now
to go from a YUV to RGB color format (for display). However, it only
supports YUY2, and not UYVY (and several other four-cc formats). As I
understand it, this is just a byte swap, and a previous bug (related to
RGB<->GBR conversion, #164268) seemed to suggest that for simple byte swap
operations the caps system should perform this conversion. Any thoughts?

I'd happily add the extra code to ffmpegcolorspace, except it looks like
a ratsnest, -and- it doesn't seem to be the proper place to do this
conversion.

			   ...Eric