[gst-devel] popt/GOption and not moving to glib2.6

Ronald S. Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Sun Oct 2 18:21:27 CEST 2005

On Sat, 2005-10-01 at 20:44 +0100, Iain * wrote:
> While I was looking through Marlin I realised that GStreamer is the
> building block that is stopping many applications[1] moving to the
> much nicer GOption from glib2.6.
[..]
> [1] Marlin and Totem I know of, I guess Sound-Juicer as well

I haven't had any complaints about this from Ross yet. I think he's a
passive follower, like gnome-media, which means "I don't give a f#ck,
but I'll move when all my baselibs have moved".

Anyway, we've had the discussion, and with Benjamin and Wim not
replying, it was decided (by voting of me, Dave and Thomas, as current
active and replying maintainers) that we will not do it now, but we will
require 2.8 directly as soon as Ubuntu Breezy and FC5 are out, which
will include glib-2.8 out of the box.

> I know I can't make any demands, and if this email sounds like it,
> then I'm blaming it on me coming down with the flu...

Tu quoque, ceasar? :).

Ronald