[gst-devel] handling playlists (was: SMIL: how to read while being paused?)

Andy Wingo wingo at pobox.com
Thu Oct 6 03:31:41 CEST 2005

Hello Ákos,

On Tue, 2005-09-20 at 12:32 +0200, Ákos Maróy wrote:
> one problem with handling SMIL playlists is that one has to read before
> being in PLAYING. as I understand, as an element gets into PAUSED state,
> it should have everything set up for playing.

In GStreamer 0.9 the ability to pull or push on a pad is tied to the
pad's activation state, not the state of the element. So for example if
you are going to start pulling on a pad, you can call
gst_pad_activate_pull (pad, TRUE) and if it returns success you can pull
from it, in any state.

Cheers,
--
Andy Wingo