[gst-devel] Porting ASF demuxer to 0.9

Amit Bhalla amit.bhalla at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 14:20:14 CEST 2005

Hi,

  I've been attempting to port the 0.8 asf demuxer to 0.9.  It appears
that the asfdemuxer relies heavily on the old bytestream interface.
I've been using the oggdemuxer and avidemuxer as a sort of reference
guide.  I'm wondering if there is any further advice other then the
plugin writers guide.  Specifically with some undocumented
functionality when it comes to using the random access api.  The old
0.8 relies heavily of bytestream flushing and  bytestream status for
eventing.  I'm not sure how this is handled with the 0.9 api.  To
anyone that might know the code better then me, do you think it might
be worth a re-write from scratch?  Also is there a way that I could
add the bytestream api support in 0.9 temporarily in order to assist
with porting?

  Cheers,

 -Amit