[gst-devel] Porting ASF demuxer to 0.9

Amit Bhalla amit.bhalla at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 16:13:54 CEST 2005

Hi,

I've been attempting to port the 0.8 asf demuxer to 0.9. It appears that the
asfdemuxer relies heavily on the old bytestream interface. I've been using
the oggdemuxer and avidemuxer as a sort of reference guide. I'm wondering if
there is any further advice other then the plugin writers guide.
Specifically with some undocumented functionality when it comes to using the
random access api. The old 0.8 relies heavily of bytestream flushing and
bytestream status for eventing. I'm not sure how this is handled with the
0.9 api. To anyone that might know the code better then me, do you think it
might be worth a re-write from scratch? Also is there a way that I could add
the bytestream api support in 0.9 temporarily in order to assist with
porting?

Cheers,

-Amit