[gst-devel] Is it possible to create a new mailing list?

Eric Qi ericqi625 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 13 17:57:25 CEST 2005

--- Tim Müller <t.i.m at zen.co.uk> wrote:

> Good idea.
>
> Even though gst-devel isn't exactly a high traffic
> list, it would still
> be nice to have a separate list for application
> development issues.
>
> It might encourage "GStreamer newbies" to post
> questions they wouldn't
> necessarily dare to post to the -devel list, and
> there would be a
> separate list archive with application development
> issues, which is a
> useful resource for application developers and for
> GStreamer developers
> (who can point people on IRC to the archive if an
> issue has already been
> discussed).
>
> I'd call the new list gstreamer-app-devel rather
> than gstreamer-users
> though, similar to gtk-app-devel.
>
> Cheers
>  -Tim

Thanks, I'll try to send the first question to the new
mailing
list :-)

BTW, a trivial problem: each time i reply a mail from
"gstreamer-devel", it will send to the author of the
mail, not
the mailing list, I have to change the receiver's
address to
"gstreamer-devel at lists.sourceforge.net" manually.

Eric