[gst-devel] "playbin" does not output sound while playing avi video

Eric Qi ericqi625 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 14 02:05:17 CEST 2005

Hello,

I launched the following commands:
"gst-launch playbin uri=file:///path/filename.avi", it
popped up
a window to show the video, but I could not hear any
sound.
the avi files do contain audio stream. the above
command generated following information:

PAUSE pipeline ...
PREROLLED pipeline ...
RUNNING pipeline ...

if I use "gst-lautch playbin" with audio file (mp3,
ogg) , it works well. I don't know how to make
"playbin" play audio while playing video, will anyone
help me?

I installed following gstreamer modules:
gstreamer-0.9.2
gstreamer-plugins-base-0.9.2
gstreamer-plugins-good-0.9.1
gstreamer-plugins-ugly-0.9.1