[gst-devel] MPEG2 Hardware Encoder and V4l2src

Michael A. Sciscenti msci at jhu.edu
Fri Oct 21 10:50:47 CEST 2005

I have done a lot of searching for an answer to this but have had no luck. I'm pretty sure  now it can't be done but I wanted to run it by the list and see.

I have a mpeg2 hardware encoder (Hauppauge PVR150) that uses the IVTV V4L2 driver. It outputs raw MPEG2 frames to /dev/video0 and typefind identifies it as video/mpeg. I'd like to use this as a V4L2src in gstreamer but it doesn't seem to have a mpeg pad. Am I missing something? I've tried using /dev/video0 as a filesrc but that seems to have buffering issues and I'm trying to keep this as low latency as possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Michael Sciscenti