[gst-devel] an issue about MAD plugin

rong wang rhong_wang at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 26 12:21:08 CEST 2005

I got one problem about MAD plugin

On target platform, I tried to register it using
gst-register, if I did it under "/", mad plugin got
registered, but I went to any other directories to do
register-inspect, it gives following:

gst-inspect-0.8:735): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: how to
remove plugins?

(gst-inspect-0.8:735): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: Factory
for `mad' has no type. This probably means the plugin
wasn't found because the registry is broken. The
plugin GStreamer was looking for is named 'mad' and is
expected in file
'/usr/gst-plugin/lib/gstreamer-0.8/libgstmad.so'. The
registry for this plugin is located at
'/root/.gstreamer-0.8/registry.xml'
couldn't construct element for some reason
Plugin Details:
  Name:		mad
based on the mad library
  Filename:
/usr/gst-plugin/lib/gstreamer-0.8/libgstmad.so
  Version:	0.8.11
  License:	GPL
  Package:	GStreamer source release
  Origin URL:	http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/

  mad: mad mp3 decoder
  id3demux: id3 tag extractor
  id3mux: id3 muxer
  id3tag: id3 tag extractor
  id3demuxbin: ID3-demux bin

  5 features:
  +-- 5 elements

but if I goes back to "/", it will be fine.
I suspect that I have path issue, but for osssink
plugin, it will be totally fine if I went to any
other directory other than "/".

Please give me your advice!

Thanks

Rong