[gst-devel] gstreamer 0.9 builds with vcproj

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Mon Sep 5 02:39:31 CEST 2005

Hi,

> Hi all,
> I've updated the vcproj files and now, gstreamer builds well on windows
> with MSVC7.1
> I've added some new projects to be compliant with the new 0.9 files
> organisation.
> So there will have one project and one dll for each .so library.

Excellent !

> in the lasts versions of the glib, some functions have been removed from
> public exports and replaced by utf8 compliant functions (g_get_home_dir
> replaced by g_get_home_dir_utf8 ...)

Are you sure about this ? It sounds like this would be specific to a
win32 version of glib you're using, because glib is meant to be
API-compatible all through 2.x.  They're not removing functions on
purpose at least.

> What's the last version of the glib compatible with gstreamer ?

Everything >= 2.4 should be compatible.  Can you check where you got
glib from and check with whoever provides it ?

Thomas

And I know
they all look so good from a distance
but I tell you I'm the one