[gst-devel] ringbuffer( 9787) gstringbuffer.c(937):gst_ring_buffer_commit: discontinuity found ...

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Fri Sep 9 03:12:12 CEST 2005

Hi Thomas,

Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> Hi Stefan,
>>hi,
>>
>>this is still an issue for me:
>>
>>its used in
>>./gst-plugins-base/gst-libs/gst/audio/gstbaseaudiosink.c
>

> It's going to be hard to say anything without some info on what you are
> doing to cause this.  Your previous mail also only meant the symptom.
> Can you tell us what you are doing ?

I seems to be that this only happens when the pipline runs under too much load.
For this case the little change I committed yesterday night seems to fix it.
There is a short crackle, but the pipeline continues and the overall playing
time is correct. Before it was complaining again and again ;)

I'll give it more testing. What I do is to run several audio-generators and
effects and mix their output into stream.

Stefan