[gst-devel] What is relationship between gst-plugin and X11?

Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller uraeus at linuxrising.org
Tue Sep 13 09:07:03 CEST 2005

Hi Rong,
There are a couple of X Windows plugins in gst-plugins which handles
video output under X-Windows. If you don't have the X Windows
development packages installed then these plugins will not be built.

Even if they are built all you need to do if you don't want them
available is just delete the built .so plugins, libgstximagesink.so and
libgstxvimagesink.so. Not sure we have a method for disabling the
building of plugins which there are development libraries avaiable for.

Christian