[gst-devel] state of gst-cvs

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Tue Sep 20 00:46:03 CEST 2005

Hi David,

David Schleef wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 10:36:35PM +0200, Stefan Kost wrote:
>
>>oki, I tried on IRC. Would DS eventually be so kind to document his API
>>changes too?
>>
>>./gst/gstregistry.c
>>gst_registry_get_default() is new and not appear in the docs.
>

> No more than a few days ago, I wrote:
>

>>- A "registry" (GstRegistry) is a list of plugins.  It is
>>  possible to have more than one in an app, but nearly all
>>  code will want to use the "default registry", which is the
>>  standard list of plugins that were found when libgstreamer
>>  was initialized.
>

> Not surprisingly, gst_registry_get_default() gets this default registry,
> which seems to me to be pretty obvious from the name.

I read that and I also appreciate these comments. Still the fuction
gst_registry_get_default() and others that you have added need docs.
I dedicate an substantial amount of time to get the docs in shape. It would be
really cool if we could work together there and not against it.

If you have question of what file need changes I am happy to answer that.

Stefan