[gst-devel] Re: Howto install GStreamer in Linux Debian ?

Loïc Minier lool+sf at via.ecp.fr
Wed Sep 28 01:10:04 CEST 2005

        Hi,

On Wed, Sep 28, 2005, ronny hidayat wrote:
> I had download liboil-0.3.2.
> Then I try to install liboil using './configure' and 'make' command from
> liboil-0.3.2 folder.
> But when I try to install gst-plugins-base-0.9.1 again, I still get error
> message like above.

 Again, if you aren't versed yet with the way packages are installed
 locally, I strongly suggest you don't "make install" and risk breaking
 your system.  You can see how the GStreamer packages are built in
 Debian: they "Build-Depend" on liboil0.2-dev (0.8 doesn't need 0.3).
 Installing liboil0.2-dev is achieved by running "apt-get install
 loiboil0.2-dev".

 If you're new to GStreamer development, it might be easier to get
 familiar with 0.8 first, which is stable and relatively easier to
 build and install.

   Bye,
--
Loïc Minier <lool at dooz.org>