[gst-devel] Wanted : application ideas

Ted Gould ted at gould.cx
Thu Sep 29 23:57:33 CEST 2005

On Mon, 2005-09-26 at 12:47 +0200, Edward Hervey wrote:
>   Several 4th year students from EPITECH, the CS school I just
> finished, have contacted me wondering what kind of open-source
> 'end-of-studies' project they could do, possibly using GStreamer. The
> end-of-studies project is 14month long, so it allows making some
> really nice projects (PiTiVi was started this way).
>
>   If you have any ideas of programs you'd like to see, but haven't got
> the time to work on them, now is your chance. There's no limit to the
> field of application they can do, but it would nice to have a
> GStreamer-based application, and hence bring more people in the
> GStreamer community.

I'm not sure how this applies, but one program I always thought should
be using GStreamer but isn't is GNOME Meeting.  I'm not sure if there
are political issues here, but I think the technical ones are that there
aren't plugins for all the features GNOME Meeting needs.  Developing and
testing those plugins would be a good project.  Heh, you could probably
test them using GNOME Meeting itself!

On a similar thread a SIP softphone would be pretty cool also.

If you want something non-GStreamer related here is a senior project
proposal that I made which didn't get picked up this year:
http://gould.cx/ted/blog/Senior_Project_Time.html

	Good Luck,
		Ted