[gst-devel] Re: [gst-cvs] burger gst-plugins-base: gst-plugins-base/ gst-plugins-base/gst-libs/gst/rtp/

David Schleef ds at schleef.org
Thu Apr 13 12:14:03 CEST 2006

On Thu, Apr 13, 2006 at 10:10:55AM -0400, Philippe Khalaf wrote:
> > - the releases are announced on the mailing list, and then again when
> > there is an actual freeze in effect.  It's also announced on IRC.  You
> > broke this freeze, again.  Let me know if there is something you think
> > we should do to make this more clear, but you really should make sure
> > you can commit.
> Right. My bad again. As a suggestions wouldn't it be better to
> actually branch for each release, bug fix on that branch during the
> "freeze" period while others can still add stuff to HEAD, then release
> and merge that release branch with the bug fixes back into HEAD?

We decided that it would be easier for everyone involved (esepcially
the overworked release manager) that it's better to freeze HEAD for
a brief (2-3 days) period of time.

This is, of course, a decision that can be reviewed periodically,
but I haven't seen any significant changes (like, say, switching
to svn) to how we work that would negate previous decisions.

dave...

--
David Schleef
Big Kitten LLC (http://www.bigkitten.com/) -- data acquisition on Linux