[gst-devel] Re: [gst-cvs] ds gst-plugins-base: gst-plugins-base/ gst-plugins-base/gst/videoscale/

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Thu Apr 27 04:29:03 CEST 2006

Yuck.

> Log message:
> * gst/videoscale/gstvideoscale.c: Add call to oil_init().
> Fixes #338897.
>
> Modified files:
>     .               : ChangeLog
>     gst/videoscale  : gstvideoscale.c

I'm not sure if you intended to break the freeze or not.  I nearly
missed this and it wouldn't have been in the release.

The proper way to get it in the release is:
- mark the bug as a blocker, with the correct milestone
- let me know, for example by replying to the various prerelease mails
that are being sent out for every prerelease

Even if it was just a matter of forgetting about the freeze, it'd be
nice if you made sure it was milestoned properly when closing the bug as
fixed, so it gets included in the release notes later on.  Even if it's
a one-line fix, it may (and in this case is) an important bug fix.

I'll be putting up an explanation of the release process later in the
hope of raising some more understanding on why it's important to respect
freezes.

Thomas