[gst-devel] gstreamer-devel Digest, Vol 3, Issue 1

Ronald S. Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Tue Aug 1 15:08:19 CEST 2006

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 11:07:20 +0200, Marc-Andr? Lureau wrote: "gconf does
> the parsing only when going from NULL => READY I believe, so it
> probably doesn't run into this problem"

And it does that in part because otherwise, it crashes. There's also the
theoretical resource-allocation-in-ready crap that someone will no doubt
bring in, but my original version parsed in _init() and set up a signal
handler if gconf changes. This didn't work because of the above bug
(presumably) and was thus thrown away, but would simplify it a lot and
thus be preferred.

Ronald