[gst-devel] Cannot compile latest stable ???good??? plugins.

Tomasz Melcer liori at exroot.org
Thu Aug 3 16:53:19 CEST 2006

cascardo at holoscopio.com napisał(a):
> On Thu, Aug 03, 2006 at 02:48:35PM +0200, Tomasz Melcer wrote:
> Perhaps, that's because you didn't have the necessary external libraries
> to build elements supporting any of the formats you wanted to play.
> Would you be able to play a wav file?
Nope. The only plugins that were not built (according to ./configure for
good plugins) were sunaudiosink, ladspa and dv1394src.

> Don't know whether this means a macro AC_DEFINE is missing in
> configure.ac or there is no AC_DEFINE macro defined in the m4 files
> installed on your system. In this latter case, try to install your
> system's package for some files in /usr/share/aclocal or
> /usr/share/aclocal1.7.
The CVS version compiles without this error. I've got 'automake-1.7'
package, which should have everything needed...

> Try the sources in http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/src/, where you can
> find the latest stable versions already "packaged", without needing the
> autotools, but only to run configure.
I did that and it works.

Now the problem is that ubuntu probably won't just get latest stable
into dapper. But that's problem on their side.

Thanks for help.

Tomasz Melcer