[gst-devel] tee problem

Tim Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Fri Aug 4 14:46:26 CEST 2006

On Fri, 2006-08-04 at 14:28 +0200, daniel fischer wrote:

> can anyone tell me if i'm doing something wrong with this:
>
> $ gst-launch-0.10 -v fakesrc num-buffers=16 ! tee ! fakesink  tee0. ! fakesink
>   Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
>   Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
>
> and here it just hangs. i didnt get any tee'd pipeline to work. using 0.10.8.

You need to put in a queue for each split path after the tee, since it
will otherwise block in the first sink as soon as the first chunk of
data arrives there (part of the prerolling mechanism) and then tee never
has a chance to send data to the second path, ergo prerolling never
completes.

gst-launch-0.10 -v fakesrc num-buffers=16 ! tee ! queue ! fakesink
tee0. ! queue ! fakesink

should work.

Cheers
 -Tim