[gst-devel] freeze/release of good and ugly

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Wed Aug 9 10:53:58 CEST 2006

Hi,

> I was under the impression v4l2 was sponsored by Andy.

Me too.

>   Also it has
> been ages since the move was requested.

But that doesn't *mean* anything.  Requesting a move does *not* mean it
should be moved.

>  So if it is not going into
> this release without a valid reason,

There *is* a valid reason - nobdy *approved* the move after reviewing
it.

>  then our plugin moving policy is
> just not working.

Again, that is crap.  *People* are not working.  You can't blame the
policy for not being followed.  If you really cared you would review
v4l2src, sponsor it, and get it moved, not complain *the day of the
freeze*.

I'm sorry to be really blunt about this, but I'm getting *really*
*really* tired of everyone and their dog
a) trying to get stuff in the day of the freeze
b) complaining about the injustice, the harm done to kids all over the
world, and every other problem, just because they can, when they have
equal ability to actually *solve* the problem.

Thomas