[gst-devel] gst-ffmpeg compilke error on FC6T2

Edward Hervey bilboed at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 09:03:28 CEST 2006

HI,

On 8/12/06, Louis Garcia II <louisg00 at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> Compiling gst-ffmpeg-0.10.1 on Fedore Core 6 I ran into this:
>
> gcc -O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions
> -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -m32 -march=i386
> -mtune=generic -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -Wall -Wno-switch -o ffplay
> ffplay-cmdutils.o ffplay-ffplay.o  -L/usr/lib -lSDL -lpthread
> libavutil/.libs/libavutil.a libavformat/.libs/libavformat.a -ldl
> libavcodec/.libs/libavcodec.a -lz -lm
> ffplay-ffplay.o: In function `main':
> /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/gst-ffmpeg-0.10.1/gst-libs/ext/ffmpeg/ffplay.c:2451: undefined reference to `XOpenDisplay'
> /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/gst-ffmpeg-0.10.1/gst-libs/ext/ffmpeg/ffplay.c:2455: undefined reference to `XCloseDisplay'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[7]: *** [ffplay] Error 1

  This is weird... gst-ffmpeg shouldn't be building ffplay, it's an
application and is not part of the shared library used by the
gstreamer plugin. Maybe we forgot to comment it out in the update to
the last ffmpeg snapshot. I'll check that out.

> I might be missing a devel package, modular X has so many.
>
> Shame I only use this package for avi video. Would like a avi video
> demux ported to gstreamer.
>
> -Louis

  Edward

--
Edward Hervey
Multimedia editing developer / Fluendo S.A.