[gst-devel] RELEASE: GStreamer Ugly Plug-ins 0.10.4 'Metal Molly'
thomas at apestaart.org
thomas at apestaart.org
Mon Aug 14 18:29:31 CEST 2006
This mail announces the release of GStreamer Ugly Plug-ins 0.10.4 'Metal Molly'.
GStreamer Ugly Plug-ins is a set of plug-ins that have good quality and correct
functionality, but distributing them might pose problems. The license on
either the plug-ins or the supporting libraries might not be how we'd like. The
code might be widely known to present patent problems.
-------------- next part --------------
Release notes for GStreamer Ugly Plug-insÂ 0.10.4 "Metal Molly"
The GStreamer team is proud to announce a new release
in the 0.10.x stable series of the
GStreamer Ugly Plug-ins.
The 0.10.x series is a stable series targeted at end users.
It is not API or ABI compatible with the stable 0.8.x series.
It is, however, parallel installable with the 0.8.x series.
"When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk."
There are times when the world needs a color between black and white.
Quality code to match the good's, but two-timing, backstabbing and ready to
sell your freedom down the river. These plug-ins might have a patent noose
around their neck, or a lock-up license, or any other problem that makes you
think twice about shipping them.
We don't call them ugly because we like them less. Does a mother love her
son less because he's not as pretty as the other ones ? No - she commends
him on his great personality. These plug-ins are the life of the party.
And we'll still step in and set them straight if you report any unacceptable
behaviour - because there are two kinds of people in the world, my friend:
those with a rope around their neck and the people who do the cutting.
This module contains a set of plug-ins that have good quality and correct
functionality, but distributing them might pose problems. The license
on either the plug-ins or the supporting libraries might not be how we'd
like. The code might be widely known to present patent problems.
Distributors should check if they want/can ship these plug-ins.
Other modules containing plug-ins are:
contains a basic set of well-supported plug-ins
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins under our preferred license
contains a set of less supported plug-ins that haven't passed the
rigorous quality testing we expect
Features of this release
* Parallel installability with 0.8.x series
* Threadsafe design and API
Bugs fixed in this release
* 329184 : [lame] remove tag writing support
* 345694 : [dvdreadsrc] crash with 'who wants to be a millionnaire' ...
* 349035 : [asfdemux] should error out on encrypted WMV stream
* 341677 : massive memory leak with mpeg2 video in AVI
* 321609 : [mpegstream] flush packetizer cache on discontinuities
* 323658 : [id3mux] Changing of ID3 tags is broken in gstreamer
* 335288 : Totem Crashes on Certain .mpg Files
* 336550 : [asfdemux] only first video frames are displayed with som...
* 336824 : [mad] returns incorrect duration to queries in BYTES format
* 337834 : [dvddemux] seeking in DVDs doesn't work
* 339287 : [lame] segfault if EOS before setcaps
* 340594 : [mad] does not publish supported query formats
* 340710 : [lame] typo in event handler
* 341254 : [asfdemux] gst_tag_list_get_string_index assertion
* 342222 : [amrnb] can't play AMR Narrowband from cellphone (S.E. W800)
* 342594 : [mad] should send new-segment before pad_alloc_buffer
* 343763 : [asfdemux] broken audio and unrecognised 2nd audio stream
* 345184 : [mpeg2dec] crash with video with pixel_width and pixel_he...
* 347029 : Minor mistake in comment
* 347292 : [rmdemux] Realaudio files with 'cook' audio 'stutter'
* 348786 : lame put lots of 0's at start of mp3
* 350044 : [dvdsubdec] outputs buffers with negative durations
* 350895 : [dvdreadsrc] wrong use of debugging causes fatal warning
* 343627 : Add QoS to mpeg2dec
* 344667 : [siddec] sounds very broken
* 350554 : [patch] assertation failed trying to play .ac3 files
You can find source releases of gst-plugins-ugly in the download directory:
More details can be found on the project's website:
Support and Bugs
We use GNOME's bugzilla for bug reports and feature requests:
CVS is hosted on cvs.freedesktop.org.
All code is in CVS and can be checked out from there.
Interested developers of the core library, plug-ins, and applications should
subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list. If there is sufficient interest we
will create more lists as necessary.
Contributors to this release
* Alexander Lancaster
* Andres Salomon
* Ed Catmur
* Edward Hervey
* Fabrizio Gennari
* FrÃ©dÃ©ric Riss
* Grzegorz Lukasik
* James "Doc" Livingston
* Jan Schmidt
* Lutz MÃ¼ller
* Maciej Katafiasz
* Michael Dominic K.
* Michael Smith
* Sebastien Moutte
* Stefan Kost
* Thomas Vander Stichele
* Tim-Philipp MÃ¼ller
* Wim Taymans
* Zaheer Abbas Merali
More information about the gstreamer-devel