[gst-devel] gstreamer and the visibility feature of gcc 4.*

Vincent Torri vtorri at univ-evry.fr
Tue Aug 15 09:15:54 CEST 2006

Hey,

I recently used that visibility feature in avisynth, and I was wondering
why the plugins I wrote for it was not loeaded. The reason is that, in
gstconfig.h(.in), GST_PLUGIN_EXPORT is defined to nothing.

maybe one should use it if it is available. I've written that m4 macro to
test it in the configure script of avisynth :

http://avisynth2.cvs.sourceforge.net/avisynth2/avisynth/build/linux/m4/visibility.m4?revision=1.1.2.1&view=markup&pathrev=avisynth_3_0

If you use it, you have to remove the -fvisibility-inlines-hidden
occurences and change CXX to CC, and maybe change a few other things,
according to how you want to use it in configure.ac

To use it in gstconfig.h.in: http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/Visibility

I hope this helps

regards

Vincent