[gst-devel] Perl Binding Installl

Jan Schmidt thaytan at noraisin.net
Fri Aug 18 11:33:20 CEST 2006

On Fri, 2006-08-18 at 10:22 +0100, Zahir Lalani wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I am new to Gstreamer, and wish to utilise it via perl. I run FC5, and
> have installed all the pre-reqs. When it comes to installing the Perl
> binding (0.09) I keep getting the following error when running
> Makefile.PL
>
> *** can not find package gstreamer-0.10 >= 0.10.0
> *** check that it is properly installed and available in
> PHK_CONFIG_PATH at Makefile.PL line 38
>
> FC5 comes with gstreamer-0.10 installed. But I did an update anyway
> and it installed 0.10.4-1
> But still no luck with the make.
>
> Could anyone give me suggestions as to what might be going on?

You probably need to install some gstreamer development packages, like
'yum install gstreamer-*devel*'

You might also like to set up to install from our GStreamer FC5
repository, to ensure you're getting the latest versions:

http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/download/fedora5.html

Cheers,
Jan.

Jan Schmidt thaytan at noraisin.net

It is hard to believe that a man is telling the truth when you know that
you would lie if you were in his place. - H.L. Mencken