[gst-devel] linking problem when compiling with msys/mingw

Alberto Botti alberto.botti at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 23:31:27 CEST 2006

Il giorno ven, 18/08/2006 alle 18.13 +0200, Vincent Torri ha scritto:
> Maybe the web pages:
>
> http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/y4h7bcy6.aspx
> and
> http://www.mingw.org/docs.shtml
>
> can be of some help (i'm not a win32 expert too)
>
> It seems that when we want to build a DLL, we should use
> __declspec(dllexport)
>
> any ideas of what should be used ?

I don't really know... the MinGW complier was able to build
"libgstreamer-0.10-0.dll" and the other DLLs without a need for the
explicit declaration. I was also able to build and test other plugins
(-base and -ugly, including "mad") and they worked fine.

I've removed that declaration after taking a look at the
gstreamer-0.10.0 source code, which didn't include it (the author of
http://gstreamer.xeris.cz/winport/winport.html was able to build the 0.9
CVS using MinGW).

The application which I'm building still doesn't work - but I'm not
having any issue with unresolved symbols.

After getting that to work, I'll rebuild the system from a clean state
and I'll document the whole build process at
http://ciampix.net:8080/proj/wiki/MinGwEnvironment