[gst-devel] video analysis tool

alberto colombo albx79 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 15:47:18 CEST 2006

Fàbio,

I keep having more problems than solutions...

I've done my GstKuTest plugin (attached), using element_make from
gst-plugin-template, registered it statically, but
gst_element_factory("kutest", "my_test") returns NULL.

As if it was not enough, I can't get the video-sink:

     GstElement *videosink;
     g_object_get(G_OBJECT(play), "video-sink", &videosink, NULL);

videosink will always be NULL, no matter the state of play (which is my
playbin).

As an aside, I'm not receiving GST_MESSAGE_DURATION, but I solvedby
querying the duration when the pipeline goes into PAUSED state.

Can you, or anyone else, help me out?
Thank you very very much
alb