[gst-devel] Streaming video with low latency

Lutz Müller lutz at topfrose.de
Sun Aug 27 00:50:34 CEST 2006

Hello!

I am investigating the use of gstreamer in a concert for choir and 2
organs. The player of one organ cannot see the conductor and is too far
away to play along the sound which reaches him too late. A solution
could be a webcam in front of the conductor and a wlan-connection to the
distant organ - if latency is acceptable.

I tried out ekiga, but latency is way too high (for video - in this
case, I don't care about audio).

What is the fastest gstreamer pipeline for video? I got the following
one working, but I am sure someone knowledgeable can point me to a less
complex encoder/decoder/pipeline/...:

gst-launch v2lsrc ! ffmpegcolorspace ! ffenc_mpeg2video ! udpsink
host=127.0.0.1 port=5000 sync=false

gst-launch udpsrc port=5000 ! mpeg2dec ! ffmpegcolorspace ! xvimagesink

Thanks a lot!

Regards
--
Lutz Müller <lutz at topfrose.de>