[gst-devel] x input events processing in sinks with xoverlay interface [patch]

Radek Doulík rodo at novell.com
Fri Dec 15 19:39:15 CET 2006

Hi all,

	while working on gstreamer support for OpenOffice I run into problem
where xvimagesink and ximagesink are eating keypress/keyrelease events
in OOo embedded window (I set xwindow ID with GstXOverlay iface) and I
am unable to receive them in OOo.

	I am attaching a patch which introduces new method
gst_x_overlay_set_process_input in GstXOverlay interface. This method
can be used to tell X based video sinks to not process input events. The
patch also implements this new function in xvimage and ximage sinks.

	Please review my patch. Would it be possible to merge it in gstreamer?

Cheers
Radek