[gst-devel] capsfilter

Andy Wingo wingo at pobox.com
Thu Feb 2 04:08:03 CET 2006

Yo T,

Ok, I'll bite.

On Wed, 2006-02-01 at 12:11 +0100, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
>         bin = gst.Bin()
>         src = gst.element_factory_make('fakesrc')
>         sink = gst.element_factory_make('fakesink')
>         bin.add(src, sink)
>         caps = gst.caps_from_string("audio/x-raw-int")
>
>         self.failUnless(src.link(sink, caps))
>         src.unlink(sink)

Src and sink are actually not linked to each other. They are linked to
capsfilter. Neither gst_element_unlink nor gst_element_pads_unlink take
this into account. Since they are both defined in gstutils they should
probably continue to play the filtered-link charade though, probably via
qdata set on the pads.

I would say that this is a bug and not a wart.

> I'll let it sink in first before I list my other annoyances at the
> filtered API...

You are so, like, deep. Dude. Like, wow.

;-)
--
Andy Wingo
http://wingolog.org/