[gst-devel] element seek and filesink

Tim Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Mon Feb 13 13:29:04 CET 2006

On Mon, 2006-02-13 at 21:17 +0100, Stefan Kost wrote:

> Still I believe in 0.10 seeking doesn't work with filesink. I also like to
> know why:
> a.) not implemented
> b.) not planned

An upstream element can make filesink seek to a specific offset by
sending a newsegment event in GST_FORMAT_BYTES with the new offset as
start. That works as far as I know - flacenc uses it for example to seek
back and fill the header with the number of samples actually written
(which might be a problem for muxers of course, but that's a different
story).

Or did you mean something else?

Cheers
 -Tim