[gst-devel] Raw audio and MPEG muxing

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Wed Feb 15 11:06:10 CET 2006

Hi,

sorry that no one got back to you yet.

> First, ideally, I'd like to send raw audio along with an MPEG2 video
> stream. It looks like I cant send audio/raw-int over UDP (or going
> straight from alsasrc to alsasink), it doesn't produce any audio.

Does it need to be over UDP ? If you use the tcp elements, they have a
minimal protocol that serializes buffers, which would be much more
suited to your needs.

It would be easy to extend the filesrc/sink elements to understand this
protocol as well if you want something simple to save any set of gst
buffers for later deserialization.

Hope that helps,
Thomas

If you can call this luck