[gst-devel] problem with my pipeline (goom + video with 2 audio streams)

Jan Schmidt thaytan at noraisin.net
Tue Feb 21 16:38:04 CET 2006

> Does soeone see the problem in my pipeline ?

In case you don't see my reply on IRC, and so that it's archived for
posterity, attaching a modified version:

<thaytan> compare to the version you posted to the mailing list
<thaytan> I corrected some refcount issues, and put things in bins for
tidyness
<thaytan> but the important fix is modifying the queue properties so the
queues don't fill up and stall straight away

The 'always work without gobbling memory' approach here is to keep the
queues in a list and attach to the overrun signals as decodebin does.
When a queue fills up, decodebin checks the other queues to ensure that
they all have at least one buffer in them. If any queue is completely
empty (and hasn't yet EOS'd) then decodebin will grow the size of the
full queue slightly so as to allow more data to be buffered.

An alternative is just to set them to a nice size, as in my example, but
this means that a video queue will always be buffer 3 seconds of raw
video frames, which is potentially a large use of memory.

Regards,
Jan.

Jan Schmidt thaytan at noraisin.net

T - "If we were anyone but us, the fact that being shot down is often
fatal would be a factor there."
R - "And if beggars were horses, something something ferrets."
- Triangle & Robert #1860