[gst-devel] Use of GstElementFactory::klass property

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Tue Feb 28 08:39:09 CET 2006

Hi all,

Wim Taymans wrote:

> Without looking at previous discussions I just checked in
> docs/design/draft-klass.txt
>
> Wim
>
 > 2) keyword categories
 >
 >    - functional
 >      * Debug         : tee, identity, fakesrc, navseek, ...
I see elements like 'tee' and 'adder' as sort of link-adapter (connector)

>  4) examples:
> adder            : Effect/Muxer/Audio
adder is not muxing, it is mixing, muxing interleaves. thus the old aggregator
would be a muxer.

> level            : Filter/Analyzer/Audio
level does not really transform data, it only analyzes.

Anyway, looks good to me. Along with the change it would be useful to get the
respective filter into core.

Stefan