[gst-devel] Decodebin/Playbin segmentationfault

Stefan de Konink skinkie at xs4all.nl
Tue Jan 3 09:41:27 CET 2006

On Tue, 3 Jan 2006, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:

> > Mind the OIL error, I have seen this before but I haven't a clue how it
> > could be solved.
>
> probably not very important, just indicates a bug in liboil, but I'm
> assuming it will fall back to default implementations.
Ok.

> > Are the CFLAGS I use.should I 'lower' them for libdv/gstreamer?
>
> Yes, you should.  I'd at least remove -fomit-frame-pointer, but ideally,
> you should start with "normal" optimization and then possibly add flags
> back.  I'm no compiler expert, but I do know that you have uncommon
> CFLAGS, and if you have uncommon ones, you should be able to figure out
> what's wrong yourself.

Ok, I will remerge with -g and -march=pentium4 and see what happens.

A tiny other question, when I use sdlvideosink, is there a way to restore
the previous resolution? Because I must say sdlvideosink does an extremely
good job for Composite output, but until I know how to make gstreamer
behave like:

xloadimage -root image.png && sleep 20 && xloadimage -root nextimage.png

I would like to switch the resolution back 'automatically'. (I know I'm
asking two extra questions ;)

Stefan