[gst-devel] Decodebin/Playbin segmentationfault

Stefan de Konink skinkie at xs4all.nl
Wed Jan 4 09:59:22 CET 2006

On Wed, 4 Jan 2006, Andy Wingo wrote:

> On Tue, 2006-01-03 at 01:53 +0100, Stefan de Konink wrote:
> > tv at localhost ~ $ gst-launch-0.10 -vvv filesrc
> > location=/home/tv/broadcast/video/vuurwerk.dv ! dvdec ! fakesink
>
> I think that in this one you will need a dvdemux before the dvdec. Not
> sure though.

gst-launch-0.8 \
  dv1394src ! dvdec drop-factor=2 name=d \
    d.video ! { queue ! videorate ! ffmpegcolorspace ! theoraenc ! queue }
! { o
ggmux name=mux ! filesink } \
    d.audio ! { queue ! audiorate ! audioconvert ! rawvorbisenc ! queue }
! mux.
 \
    .mux

Someone pointed this example to me. You could be right, but that doesn't
explain why playbin has such destructive effect on gst-launch. But I
thought you could do fakesink just to check if pipelink worked ignoring
special caps.

Stefan