[gst-devel] More on my lockup problem

Tim Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Tue Jul 4 11:57:08 CEST 2006

On Mon, 2006-07-03 at 23:52 +0100, Iain * wrote:

> Just build the test-splitter in the tarball and run it on an mp3
>
> ./test-spliter file.mp3
> it prints out the progress every second, and after a while the handoff
> signal stops getting called and the progress stops updating.

For me it randomly either works just fine or is stuck at 0% (with quite
a bunch of buffers having been output though ...). Replacing the
gst_element_sync_state_with_parent() calls in the new_splitter_pad
function with simple gst_element_set_state() calls makes things work for
me.

Patch with a few other small gratuitous changes attached (also, the
splitter code is operating on 16bit input whereas mad outputs 32bit per
sample, but I'm guessing you're aware of that; shouldn't matter much for
the test case anyway).

Hope it works for you as well.

 Cheers
  -Tim