[gst-devel] Changing an image on the fly

Jan Schmidt thaytan at noraisin.net
Mon Jul 10 23:40:40 CEST 2006

On Mon, 2006-07-10 at 16:04 -0500, Daniel Díaz wrote:
> Hello there!
>
> I'm trying to do a tiny application that reads a web image, and then
> reloads that image every 5 minutes. For that, I have this pipeline
> (which works great, btw):
>
> gst-launch neonhttpsrc
> uri="http://dfwtraffic.dot.state.tx.us/sod/Snapshots/DAL_316.jpg" !
> jpegdec ! freeze ! ffmpegcolorspace ! ximagesink
>
> Now, how can I change the image that's being displayed?
>
> I'm thinking I should pause, unlink, change, relink, and set to play
> again something, but I just can't figure out the combination.

It should be sufficient to set the pipeline to READY, change the uri on
neonhttpsrc and then set it to PLAYING again. Any failure in that cycle
is a bug in an element not resetting itself correctly - the elements
you're using should all do that ok except possibly freeze.

Cheers,
Jan.
--
Jan Schmidt <thaytan at noraisin.net>