[gst-devel] tcpclientsink/tcpserversrc Problem

Sven Geggus sven at geggus.net
Tue Jul 18 12:04:18 CEST 2006

Hi there,

while running gstreamer 0.8.x I was able to do the following:

gst-launch-0.8 tcpserversrc protocol=gdp ! alsasink
gst-launch-0.8 filesrc location=foo.mp3 ! mad ! tcpclientsink protocol=gdp

Know with 0.10.6 this does not work anymore :(

When running
gst-launch-0.10 tcpserversrc protocol=gdp ! alsasink
gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=foo.mp3 ! mad ! tcpclientsink protocol=gdp

All I get is an Error message on the Server side:
(gst-launch-0.10:3686): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_segment_clip: assertion `segment->format == format' failed

Are there any other Options to do network audio?

Unfortunately the manpage just states the following:

Network streaming

       FIXME: give example pipelines using RTP and network elements.

Sven

--
The source code is not comprehensible
                 (found in bug section of man 8 telnetd on Redhat Linux)

/me is giggls at ircnet, http://sven.gegg.us/ on the Web