[gst-devel] gstreamer-010 for fedora 4

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Fri Jun 9 15:28:33 CEST 2006

Hi,

> I spent the last 5 hours debugging nautilus, because suddenly
> it was not starting anymore on my fedora core 4 box.
> It created two processes and did not put any icon on my desktop.
> Just hanged.

I'm sorry to hear that.

> For my surprise the problem was caused because of the
> last updated I've made in gstreamer 0.10.
>
> gstreamer010-0.10.6.2-0.gst.1.4.i386.rpm
> gstreamer010-plugins-base-0.10.7.2-0.gst.1.4.i386.rpm
> gstreamer010-devel-0.10.6.2-0.gst.1.4.i386.rpm
> gstreamer-tools-0.10.6.2-0.gst.1.4.i386.rpm
> gstreamer010-plugins-base-devel-0.10.7.2-0.gst.1.4.i386.rpm
>
> Going back to the previous release solved the problem.
>
> This is the second time I have problems with the rpms
> created by gstreamer.

What was the first time ? Did you file a bug ?

>  The reason is simple: they do not have
> the dependencies they should.

What makes you say this ? I don't think this is true, and I'd like to
get to the bottom of this, so any debug info you could provide us with
would be greatly appreciated.  I'll give it a try myself, though I've
upgraded my FC4 box at home with these packages and not noticed this
problem.

> atk.i386 is the only package I am not using from gstreamer. I do not
> know if this was the cause, and I am not in the mood to test it.

> Anyway, try to fix the problem so other people are not affected.

To fix a problem you need to know the problem first.  Thanks for
reporting it - now we need either more info from you, or a way of
reproducing.

Hopefully we can fix this.

Thanks
Thomas