[gst-devel] Can I create two or more pipelines in one process?

zs p paaa1976 at yahoo.com.cn
Mon Jun 12 11:22:40 CEST 2006

I want to playback two wave files by turns in a process, for example, I playback file1 for 10 seconds in pipeline1, then I pause pipeline1 and playback file2 for 10 seconds in pipeline2, then I pause pipeline2 and continue to playback file1 in pipeline1...
However, I can't do those, because when I set pipeline1 to GST_STATE_PAUSED, pipeline1 can't pause playbacking, so pipeline2 will playback at the same time, but when I set pipeline2 to GST_STATE_NULL, the pipeline1 will also terminate.
So I want to know whether gstreamer can support multiple pipelines in one process? or how to playback multiple files in one process at the same time?

thanks in advance