[gst-devel] how to run gst-launch?

woo john wuym2000cn at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 21 11:26:54 CEST 2006

hi,
   I am learning gstreamer by doing experimentation with gst-launch. I run
gst-launch in vs6 IDE.
here is the simple example i cut from GStreamer Core Plugins 0.10 Plugins
Reference Manual.

   "gst-launch -v fakesrc num-buffers=5 ! fakesink"

    the execution exit on error. after debuging it I found the fakesrc
element can't be created
because gst-launch failed to find the factory class. i got to know i shall
load  the core pliugins.(.dll)
I set environment variable
GST_PLUGIN_PATH="D:\GST\GSTREAMER\WIN32\VS6\DEBUG"
where the libgstreamer-0.10.dll is located.
   but when i run the example again it still fail to find the factory class.
   i think i should have lose to set some more parameter.

thanks in advance..

woo