[gst-devel] g_main_loop

Robert Scott robert.b.scott at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 25 01:10:14 CEST 2006

Hello all,

so I figured out how to solve the problem, (haven't quite figured out
what the problem is).  I guess that calling gst_element_set_state is
not thread safe.  What I had to do was create a new gnome object
which wraps all control of gstreamer playbin.  Once I created this
object, I was able to call g_object_set on the new object, and then
it would safely start and stop playback without randomly crashing.

If anyone is interested, I should have a simple java binding for the
playbin in a few weeks, and then I will post it up on the web somewhere.

thanks,
--robert