[gst-devel] RTP depayloader consumes 99% CPU

C. F. Cer cforc0 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 29 11:37:59 CEST 2006

Hello,

I am programming RTP application and the problem is that for example linking
RTP depayloader with udpsrc causes the program to consume 99% CPU.  It can
be demonstrated with gst-launch also:

gst-launch udpsrc ! rtpspeexdepay ! speexdec ! alsasink -v

Where as the following will work fine:

gst-launch udpsrc ! rtpmpadepay ! mad ! audioconvert ! autoaudiosink -v

No data is received yet.  It will consume the CPU immediately.  The little I
have debugged it it seems to have something to do with clock, or lack of it.
  It enters some sort of busy loop trying to create a clock, or something
like that.  I have also tested with many other types of depayloaders and
decoders with same results.  Am I using the RTP depayloader wrong or is this
a bug?  Gstreamer installed from latest RPMs.