[gst-devel] Re: [gst-cvs] burger gst-plugins-good: gst-plugins-good/ gst-plugins-good/gst/rtp/

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Fri Mar 3 01:23:05 CET 2006

Hi,

> > As I understand them, our stability guidelines for -good and -base (not
> > sure if they are written down somewhere) would preclude removing
> > existing element factories. Was there a rtpg711pay before? Is there one
> > now? If an element factory was removed, then we probably have a problem.
> Well, there was an rtpg711pay/depay and now it has been separated into
> 4 elements. Therefore the old ones removed.
>
> I am sorry but I did not know about this guideline. Also I had taken
> advice on #gstreamer and no one mentioned it.

Well, it's just like other projects - if glib started removing functions
people would complain.  Also, I'm pretty sure I explained why the
renaming and unifying needed to be done before 0.10 - precisely because
after 0.10's release, you can't make changes like that.

Could you make sure that whatever element factories got removed are put
back ?

We can't do releases of good until this is done.

Thanks,
Thomas

If you're looking for trouble
you can find me on the internet