[gst-devel] using fakesrc

Tomas Groth tomasgroth at yahoo.dk
Fri Mar 3 07:17:06 CET 2006

Hi all,

I'm trying to understand how to use fakesrc, as i'm planning to use it for a
multimedia application. I plan to have a media stream (ogg or mp3 data) in
memory, and use fakesrc to feed the pipeline. The media stream will probably
not be complete so the pipeline won't get all the data at once.

I've tried to use fakesrc in the attached test-setup (mostly copy/paste from
manual examples) where i'm loading an ogg-file to memory and feed a pipeline
using fakesrc, but it only loads the data (via a callback handoff) but never
starts playing. If anyone could tell me what i'm doing wrong it will be
appreciated!

cheers,

Tomas