[gst-devel] GstTuner

Lutz Müller lutz at topfrose.de
Wed Mar 8 15:11:03 CET 2006

Hi!

I am still thinking on how to best integrate the tar[enc,dec] plug-in
into the gstreamer framework. The tardec plug-in offers 1 or more
streams, but only 1 at a time. Insofar it is very similar to the
cdiocddasrc plug-in. And I discovered that there is an interface for
these types of plug-ins: GstTuner.

Attached a patch that makes the cdiocddasrc a GstTuner (patch against
gst-plugins-base/gst-libs/gst/cdda).

In the end, by providing the tuner interface, the cdiocddasrc-specific
properties "track" and "mode" could be removed. But that's another
story.

Is this worth a feature request on bugzilla?

Regards
--
Lutz Müller <lutz at topfrose.de>