[gst-devel] Missng plugins in Gstreamer 0.10.*?

Ola Theander ola.theander at otsystem.com
Thu Mar 9 02:32:03 CET 2006

Hi Erik

Thank you for your answer. The thing is, even if you look at the official
Gstreamer documentation of the plug-in packages (e.g.
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-base-pl
ugins/html/) it seems like most of the decoders/encoders in 0.8 is missing
in 0.10. In 0.8 there was a plethora of decoders, in 0.10 it seems like
there is only a few. Is this due to reorganization (i.e. these decoders are
renamed or merged) or is it because they are not converted to 0.10 yet or
are they simply skipped? This is what I'm not fully understand just yet, but
I'm sure it will become clear eventually.

Kind regards, Ola