[gst-devel] Real-Time System Project

Federico federico.sassi1 at studenti.unipr.it
Sun Mar 12 10:37:01 CET 2006

Hello,
I'm a 1° level graduated student in Computer Engineering at the University of
Parma (Italy) ( http://www.unipr.it ) and I'm attending courses at the same
university to get 2° level degree (specialization).

I've just attended a course about Multimedia System and another one about
Real-Time System (about POSIX) and to pass we have to make a project about for
each of them, even if we can merge them together.
So I thought if there can be a need to make a plugin (or whatever) for gstreamer
that can be used to make it accomplish real-time bounds. So it can be used in a
multimedia server with multiple different stream output that has to give
priority to streams, make acceptance tests for new stream to guarantee the
service, etc etc...

Do you think that there is a need for this?
If you have any other idea about a possible work to be done I'm open to them!
Just think that it should be a 4-5 full time week....but if it is bigger i can
ask some friend of mine...

Sorry for the long mail... and thanks really much for reading this further!

      Federico Sassi