[gst-devel] How to properly handle a disconnected (abruptly ended) input video stream?

Andy Wingo wingo at pobox.com
Tue Mar 14 08:08:18 CET 2006

Hi Thomas,

On Tue, 2006-03-14 at 13:54 +0100, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> Zaheer knows - he should reply :)

I gave all necessary information to find the answer :)

> One thing he ran into is that the message happens on every bus reset, so
> also when other devices get plugged/unplugged.  Do you think the element
> should filter these, so that it specifically only messages for
> disconnectcs/connects on its devices ?

Mmm, probably -- a message on whether the camera is connected or
disconnected would be more useful. However that requires a bit of
effort, and in the normal case it's just 1 node (the host) vs 2 nodes
(the camera as well). -EDONTCAREENOUGH :P

Regards,
--
Andy Wingo
http://wingolog.org/